Top Tips for a Very Merry Christmas…
Christmas is almost upon us once again.
It is a beautiful time of year, full of festivities and cheer, but it can also be a bit difficult when it comes to maintaining healthy habits and staying relaxed around all the family.
Navigating huge Christmas dinners can be tricky when trying not to overindulge, plus staying in the festive spirit can stretch our patience at times. So below are a few tips on enjoying this magical time of year whilst still being your happiest, healthiest self…
- Mind your alcohol intake. Alternating your drinks with plenty of water can really save you a festive hangover.
- Practise gratitude. Amidst all the present exchanging, try to take a moment each day to be thankful for all that you already have.
- Get some fresh air. A brisk walk around the block will do wonders for your energy (and your sanity).
- Eat your vegetables! When it comes to Christmas dinner, make sure you include lots of veggies to maintain your energy levels.
- Make some time for yoga, or at least a big stretching session. All that time huddled over board games and slouched on the sofa means your body will benefit from a good stretch.
- Give yourself some quiet time. It’s a good idea to take brief breaks away from the crowds of family and friends.
- Be mindful at meal times. Just because it’s the festive season, doesn’t mean you have to over-indulge at every meal.
- Don’t stress. Remember to breathe. If you’re feeling stressed, tired or a bit overwhelmed, then just come back to your breathing. Long, deep, slow breaths are the easiest way to centre yourself quickly when you’re feeling a bit fried. Here’s my ’emergency’ meditation for any stressful situations.
Christmas comes around just once a year and it’s a time to enjoy family and friends and all the festivities that brings. So laugh, smile, eat, drink and be thankful and merry.
Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and festive season…